Gulf Energy QHSE Policy
Protecting employees and third parties from ill health, injury or harm together with the promotion of employee wellbeing and avoidance of damage to the environment is an essential part of Gulf Energy operation philosophy.
The Senior Management Team is committed to reducing HSE risks to a level which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) and maintain a high standard of HSE performance throughout all company operations. Compliance with Omani & the Region Law and recognized industry best practice is the minimum acceptable standard, with continuous, cost-effective improvement in our performance.
- The systematic identification of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures to control risk to an acceptable level through the Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP).
- In consultation with employees, periodically setting and publishing specific health and safety targets. Progress towards achieving the targets will be continuously monitored by the Senior Management Team.
- Providing appropriate financial and physical resources to implement this policy.
- Recognizing that the management of health and safety is a prime responsibility of line management. The company depends on the co-operation, support and commitment of all employees to achieve the objectives of this policy, and compliance with the policy is a condition of employment.
- Devote sufficient resource to ensure environmentally friendly performance.
In order to encourage the full commitment of employees, the company will ensure that:
- Employees of their representatives are involved and consulted on matters of health and safety.
- All employees at all levels are aware of their general and specific responsibilities for health and safety.
- All employees receive appropriate information and training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- This policy and its objectives are communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organization. This will be achieved by periodic review and auditing of this system to ensure its adequacy and effectiveness.
- The right of any employee to intervene in unsafe situations is upheld and encouraged without detriment to the employee.